You guys should feel honored- this is our family recipe for Cranberry Dessert which, as you can see, got the review of "Wow! So good."
And it is! Look at the finished product:
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
1 stick of butter
3 cups of whole, washed cranberries
1/4 of a cup of sugar
a dash of cinnamon
1 cup of flour
salt and vanilla
Whipped cream or ice cream to serve on top.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put your stick of butter in your baking pan to melt.
2. Once it's melted, pour into your mixing bowl and put the cranberries in the baking pan.
note: I messed this part up and left the butter in the pan with the cranberries. We were watching "Ocean's Eleven," what do you want from me?
3. sprinkle your sugar and liberally tap cinnamon over the top of your beautiful cranberries.
4. Crack your eggs into the mixing bowl, add your flour, and mix until batter is smooth.
5. Pour the batter over the waiting cranberries.
6. Bake for approximately one hour, or until golden brown.
7. Dish it up and serve with the aforementioned ice cream or whipped cream (we usually make home made whipped but didn't have any heavy cream on hand. Pity).
This treat is the perfect combination of sweet and tart, making it my dessert of choice on special occasions. If (by some minor miracle) you have leftovers, it makes a great breakfast!
Oh, just one more picture. *sigh*
Welcome to the family!