Despite loving both reading and healthy living, however, this book needs a pro/con list in my opinion:
- Super quick read (like seriously, an hour or two!)
- Plenty of reminders for healthy living (nothing crazy, just an easy checklist of sorts)
- Conversational tone (you know that friend who tells really funny stories but gets caught in random tangents that end up making the story better? Bones is that friend)
- See the "how to look good naked" sticky note on the cover? That kind of becomes his catch phrase, and unfortunately it gets inserted in random places that left me feeling disjointed and a little uncomfortable.
- The author prescribes to going to the gym at least three times a week, he runs (which he calls half-assed because it's a full-body workout, so he doesn't have to do focused exercises), and he talks about protein shakes (while promoting his own brand of the stuff)- I dunno about you, but that doesn't sound "half-assed" to me.
- I wish he either wrote this as his personal journey to healthy living or included some more authoritative voices. As it is, he's trading on his healthy physique, despite the fact that health means something different for anyone.
Enter to win a copy below so we can discuss!
a Rafflecopter giveaway