I really wanted to title this something along the lines of "naan naan naan na, naan naan naan na BATMAN!" but only just refrained because it seemed too long all typed out. Yup.
ANYWHO! Homemade Naan! And a Batman reference bound to get stuck in your head! Together in one post! Can there be anything better?
(the correct answer is "no," in case you were wondering)
I found this recipe via pinterest and it is ridiculously simple to make. Most of the ingredients should even be in your pantry as you read this! Best of all, according to Budget Bytes, it costs less than $2 per batch!
2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
½ of a cup of water
2½-3 cups of flour
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ of a cup of vegetable oil
⅓ of a cup of plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
1. Combine yeast, sugar and water. Stir until it dissolves.
2. Mix 1 cup of the flour with the salt.
3. Add the oil, yogurt, and egg to the yeast-y concoction and mix until all nice an even.
4. Combine the wet and dry bowls of ingredients and mix until you can't mix anymore!
5... and then add the rest of the flour, 1/2 of a cup at a time
6. Knead the dough on a (heavily) floured surface for about three minutes. Add flour as needed to keep the dough from getting sticky.
It'll look like this. I know, quite the show stopper.
7. Cover with a dish towel and leave it to rise for about 45 minutes. It should double in size during this time.
8. Separate your dough into the portions you want. It should be enough for 8 perfectly proportioned pieces of wonderful, but then again I might be a bit biased.
9. Cook over medium heat on a greased skillet until golden brown on both sides.
8. Eat copious amounts!